Balancing Business and Family time during COVID-19
I hope you, your family, and business are doing well!
As we adjust our daily routines because of COVID-19, many of us find ourselves trying to balance business and family time at home. I’d like to share a few thoughts and ideas regarding the pursuit of this work-life balance.
Balance Your Day
Schedule your family
• Dedicate time exclusively for interacting and playing with your kids. Kids thrive on routines!
• Find new fun family activities. Here is a blog that has 80 creative and fun things to do with your family during this time of quarantine. Hopefully, you’ll find some new fun traditions you can continue to do with your family into the future! https://aheartfullofjoy.com/fun-things-your-family-can-do-at-home-during-the-covid-19-quarantine/
• Take care of yourself! Mentally, Physically and Spiritually
Schedule your work
• Set up a dedicated area for work. Set up a dedicated home office to help set clear boundaries between your family and your business.
• Try to keep regular working hours for your business. Plan what you want to accomplish during the day. The faster you can do your work, the more quality time you can spend with your family.
• Know when to stop working. Make a decision when to stop working and simply focus on being together with your loved ones.
• Be flexible. Understand that set schedules do not always work. It is important that you are flexible with your business schedules and family time.
• Promote your business
During this time at home, consider reviewing your company’s marketing strategy. Since no one knows how long it will be until things are back to normal, here’s a list of marketing ideas you can do to improve on your efforts:
– Review your Website
– Write a Blog
– Research a Prospective Client
– Update Your Contacts
– Meet a client or prospective client for a “virtual” lunch or coffee
– Spend some time on Social Media to promote your company
– Update or create a new logo and branding for your company
– Create new promotional print marketing material
If you need any help with your marketing, such as a new or updated logo, business cards, brochures, ads, website content and banners, or any promotional print material, I’m available. Please contact me for an estimate.
Take care, stay healthy, and God bless!